I have been working on a few bits over the last few days, and managed to get rid of, or make useful, another 6 items. I’m now only 9 items away from by target, and I am thinking of extending the challenge. But for now, the tale of the 6 items recently removed…
3 items went nice and easily. I bought down quite a bit of furniture when I moved from Manchester, and whilst it might have been easier to just have got rid of the items before I moved, I have to admit I found it very comforting to have all my old bits around me when I arrived in the new, scary city. Now I am feeling more comfortable in the flat and London, I felt like it was time to recycle the bits that didn’t really fit, and a lovely lady off Gumtree took 3 out of my 4 items in one hit in under 24 hours. Which was awesome.
Another 3 items proved to be a bit more challenging, but I’m really happy with the results. I decided that I wanted some hanging plants in the front bedroom, but DIY option only (except for buying the plants, which I think is allowed).
- 2 smallish silver bowls – counted against the 100 items
- 1 length of purple ribbon – counted against the 100 items
- Plus grey ribbon, scissors, needle, thread, string, gold spray, plants, two hooks
- Measure out purple ribbon, realise it isn’t as long as you think so you’ll need grey ribbon as well. In fact it will be primarily grey ribbon, but never mind.
- Sew two equal lengths of ribbon into a cross, repeat so you have two
- Glue the centre of the crosses to the bottom of the bowls to avoid it moving about later on and dropping a plant pot on your head
- Wait overnight
because you are so over crafting for the eveningto allow the glue to dry
- Sew the ends of the ribbon cross together. Massively over-stitch it because you aren’t really sure where you are going with this.
- Measure out a length of ribbon to desired length that you want the plant to hang from the ceiling, then double the length
- Fold the ribbon in half, and sew the free ends to your cross thing from earlier
- 2cm below the top of the length of ribbon (where you folded it), sew again to hold the two lengths together.
- Realise the join looks awful, spray paint some string gold and wrap it around to hide joint
- Add plants. Hang. Done.
Hopefully the pictures make more sense!